Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lóa Hlín Hjálmtýsdóttir

This is one talented lady who plays in a whole lotta bands, including FM Belfast, Prins Póló and Mum. I wouldn't be surprised if Lóa performs in others, I simply can't keep track. Not to discredit any of the other fantastic women I was fortunate enough to photograph, but Lóa was the most outspoken in agreeing with me on the importance of highlighting the women of the festival. She commented that while women aren't not underrepresented in the music scene, it still felt to her as if they were. In our conversation she also explained that the small park I photographed her in used to be a cemetery. We only spent 10 minutes together, but Lóa struck me as woman with whom I share certain affinities: an appreciation for the past and a desire to continue to improve what lays ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment