Monday, August 2, 2010

What It Means To Move



Generally speaking, I find live journals disguised as blogs totally insufferable. So I strive to avoid expressing any deep thoughts here. But on this occasion I thought I could make a rare exception to the rule only because it relates to my photography. These photos were taken at 6am on my final morning in the apartment where I have lived for the last year. After packing all through the night, I finished as the sun came up over Brooklyn. I actively seek out moments of transition to photograph. I don't actively pursue living them, as they are often hard to get through, even if rewarding once you've survived. With the overwhelming wave of nostalgia that struck me in the wee hours of Sunday morning, I decided, instead of crying, to take some photos. But because I'd just finished stuffing my life into bubble wrap and boxes, finding my camera was no easy feat. Instead, I resorted to my iPhone, which did a good job fulfilling the role I needed it to. Uninteresting photos for an emotional moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment