Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Greatest Private Collection I've Ever See

This post was intended for last Wednesday but somehow a week went by and naturally I neglected my sad little blog (when moving out of one's apartment time seems to magically slip away). Here as promised are some images from inside the home of Arturo Schwarz, who can best be described as biblical; I am more or less convinced that Moses must have looked exactly like him. Upon entering Arturo's home there are cases of African masks, shelves of sexy sculptures of voluptuous women from Indian temples, and every piece of work in the house is accented with a little gold plate with the creators name upon; for those of us with less refined sensibilities who cannot identify a Hannah Hoch collage immediately upon veiwing it. Not an inch was spared, including the tiny elevator, which Joyce, Arturo, and I crammed into to ride up to the second floor. Some of the best art was in the bathroom. You know you have an impressive collection when celebrated artists' work is hung over a toilet. The piece de resistance was perhaps the bedroom of his home, which, like the rest of the house was decorated salon style. Unlike any other room of the house however, the bedroom was clearly carefully curated and had a distinct theme, and that theme was naked women, lots and lots of naked, women. The contrast of this room to any other was so outstanding, I had to controll my laughter, and could hardly make eye contact with Joyce for fear of losing my composure.





No comments:

Post a Comment