Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sorry, Saturday Night I'm Booked

I am lucky to be in the north of Iceland in February, the month in which Þorrablot takes place.. a big traditional Icelandic festival...Some of my personal favorites will be served... Smoked lamb, smoked sheeps head, petrified shark, dried fish, and naturally a glass of black death... who wants to start making bets on what the most adventurous thing I´ll eat is?? For what its worth I believe harkarl (petrified shark) is the only thing that has ever made Anthony Bordain vomit.. its a delicacy that is enjoyed because of its pleasant (?wtf?) scent of ammonia... you can smell this shit from a mile away while they're drying it outside... Everyone promptly sits down at 8:30pm, there is a highly coordinated buffet, followed by LOTS of drinking, skits (performed by the locals about hilarious things that took place in this town of 600 people over the past year) and raucous dancing... I can't f***ing wait. Pictures to follow for certain...
What it's NOT going to look like...
What it IS going to look like....


No comments:

Post a Comment